Thursday, December 13, 2012

LOA Arrived

Holt called with the good news that we received our LOA today!!!!!  Once we were matched with Natalie on October 31st, we submitted a LOI (Letter of Intent) to China stating our intent to adopt herAfter that, we were told that we would have to wait 1-4 months to receive our LOA (Letter of Acceptance) from China, approving the match and all of our paperwork.  I read a lot of stories on Holt's China blogs about the length of time that others had waited for their LOA, but ours came in 6 weeks!  This was a major factor in determining when we may be able to travel, and now they are saying that we should go in early MARCH.  For the first time in this entire process, I feel like things are going really fast and I am thinking I better start getting a little more prepared for her.  

Tomorrow once I receive our LOA from FedEx, I will be submitting our I-800 application to U.S. ImmigrationOnce we receive the approval from them, Holt sends that document to China and our final travel approval processing begins.  We will soon be applying for our visas into the country, and hiring a courier in Washington to personally take the applications into the Chinese Embassy and get more authentications. 


We are so excited to see light at the end of the tunnel now!  I can't believe that we will be with Natalie when she turns 2 on March 25th. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment