Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sharing the News

As we began to share this news with family and friends, we received many positive comments, support, and encouragement.  Our kids, Luke (12) Logan (11) and Jenna (7) are all very excited.  Jenna was instantly in love with the idea, jumping up and down all over the family room and shouting "Yes yes yes! I want a sister!  I want another girl in this house!"  Logan took a little longer to warm up to the idea.  He is his mother's child, and not a big lover of changes but he came around and now is giving me the thumbs up.  Luke is usually open to just about anything, and he had no problem with the idea.  Of course for him, being a 7th grader and all, he can't really see past the next day at school let alone really get into something that won't happen for at least a year.  But he is on board and the whole family has been talking about the new little sister that we are preparing for and praying for. 


Among family and friends, there were a few comments that especially made me feel more peace and helped to confirm that we made the right decision.  Here are a few:

When I expressed concern over being able to handle a 4th child because of my personality type, my good friend Amy said "It is really important for adopted children to have lots of structure, consistency, and boundaries.  I don't know anyone better at that than you!"

As we talked to my parents about it and went over the pros and cons, suddenly my dad threw his hand up in the air and said "Let's take a vote.  I vote yes!"

My mom found it so exciting that she has just recently been reading Mary Beth Chapman's book, Choosing to See.  Steven and Mary Beth Chapman adopted three girls from China.  When looking at their little pictures in the book (BEFORE we told them our news) my mom had wondered what her little Asian grandchild would look like, if she ever had one.  Since my sister and I are both done having kids, I found this very WEIRD.  I am positive that God ordained the timing of all that.  

One of the most amazing ladies I know from church immediately said "You are changing the world!  What a blessed child to have you for a mommy."

And finally, during the sermon on Sunday morning, best quote of the day:  "If your vision is not intimidating to you, then it is insulting to God."  A great reminder that it is OK to be intimidated by something but we know that God's hand is in it and we can have peace in that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment