Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Moving Along

Well we finally got our update on Natalie after a month of waiting.  They sent lots of new pictures and current measurements, as well as some shocking information that she had a heart surgery back in the beginning of December.  It was not an open heart surgery, but just hearing the words heart and surgery together sounds awful.  I realize I have never really mentioned Natalie's medical condition, I don't know why....I don't really think about it because it doesn't concern me.  She was born with a PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosis) which means that there was a vessel in her heart that didn't shut completely after birth and therefore her blood flow is affected.  It is something that needs to be fixed at some point, but if there are no symptoms then it can wait for awhile, even years.  We knew that we may need to have a procedure done here to close that vessel off and I was told that it may be done without even having surgery.  Anyway, this could become a long story and I am beyond tired...so I will write more on it later.  For now, we know that she had a surgery called a PDA Ligation and I think that an incision was made on her left side between two of her ribs, and then the surgeon closed the opening of her vessel where the ductus was.  She recovered well, is doing well, and I am just even more ready to go and get her.  Here she is.  She really is a girl, I can't wait to actually let her hair grow out because they keep shaving it in the orphanage!




No comments:

Post a Comment