Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Adoption is Official!

It has been another beautiful day with Natalie.  Today she really started to smile and interact more, and even babbled some although we had no idea what she was saying.  A few times we got her to laugh which was just so heart warming.  I know she is sad and this is hard for her but she seems to be doing so well considering we've only had her for two days.  She was walking all over the room today, she loves to turn things off and on.  

We went back to the Civil Affairs office this morning to receive our adoption certificate.  After the 24 hour waiting period, in which parents can change their minds, the adoption becomes official.  She is our baby.  Here are some pictures of the morning. 












After we were done there, we made the two and a half hour drive to Ningbo to visit Natalie's orphanage and apply for her passport.  Driving in China is so different.  The roads have lots of bumps and we just felt like we were bouncing the whole way there.  It was so much hotter and humid today.  I am kind of missing the snow.  We only got to spend about 20 minutes at the orphanage but I was so thankful to see it.  As soon as we arrived we ran into a few of her caregivers who tried to hold her, but our guide told them that I didn't want anyone to have her.  We weren't sure if we should take her in or not, we didn't want to upset her after she's made so much progress during the last 24 hours but I also wanted the chance to see her where she lived.  She didn't want me to put her down next to the other kids in her class.  There were a few times that she started to cry just a little but we just keep distracting her with food. When we left she was OK and fell asleep on me as soon as we were on the road.  We had Pizza Hut tonight with our friends Tony and Angie and their little Mia.  It was so good! Notice Natalie and Mia's matching little sister outfits.  Natalie didn't want to go down in her crib tonight, she cried when I tried so I set her on the bed next to me and she was out in minutes.  She likes to pull her blanket up over her head to go to sleep, it's pretty cute.  We are hoping for another night of good sleep. 



















2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!!! Officially yours! You look so happy! Very cool to see pics of the orphanage. So glad it's going well. Much love sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures Ter! Axl asks me every day when I pick him up if he's going to meet Natalie today. I've been showing the kids all the pictures and they're all in love with her already!

    ReplyDelete