Monday, March 18, 2013

Home Stretch


We have had another couple of busy days in Guangzhou.  Yesterday we took at taxi to Shamian Island to drop off laundry and do some shopping in the tourist shops.  We loved it, there was a lot of cool stuff and we bought an extra suitcase to put all of our purchases in.  Natalie did well, hanging out in her new stroller and eating snacks most of the morning.  In the afternoon my mom and I went to a jade and pearl wholesale market with some of the other families, and by last night we were shopped out!  We had an adventure trying to find a Mexican restaurant in the area, but we finally got there and loved every bite.  It is amazing how people here eat rice, noodles, meats and veggies for about every meal.  Even breakfast. 
                                                                  
Today we went to a Safari park with several of the other Holt families.  It was a long hot and humid day but we had a great time.  I can’t believe that we only have three more days in China.  I am somewhat ready to come home, and somewhat not.  It is pretty cool getting to see the Chinese culture firsthand for so long,  and I am trying to take in as much as I can.  It is hard to deal with Natalie here, with her sleeping in our room and no schedule whatsoever.  I am anxious to get home and get her into a routine. However, I am DREADING the 14 hour plane ride coming up on Friday.  I have a feeling it may be the longest 14 hours of my life. 

Natalie has been giving kisses and playing peek a boo, just being silly most of the time.  She had her first ice cream cone and saw so many new things.


































No comments:

Post a Comment